tgimboej

tgimboej is an acronym for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk, which is pretty much what it sounds like.  You can sign up to receive one of the boxes; participation is free - you just have to pay to ship the box to the next person.  When you receive the box, you can take out a few bits, and put some back in before sending it to another recipient.

You can read more here: http://tgimboej.org/Main_Page

They say one man's trash is another's treasure, but that doesn't really apply here.  I found the components in the box of very high quality.  I was quite pleased with the selection.  I even found an immediate use for one of the switches I acquired!

Here is a photo of the bits I took.


As you can see I got some sweet switches, a stepper motor, some gear motors, an audio jack, binding posts, SMD to PTH adapters, perf board, a piezo buzzer, and a key switch.  Thank you to the donors!

Here are some photos of some of the things I added.






I hope you will sign up.  It was a rather fun experience.

Comments